Tape Deck

What??...2 years for Cop Killing SONG!?!?!

Antavio Johnson from Florida was sentenced to 2 years in prison for a song called "Kill Me A Cop". Antavio wrote the song a few years prior to his conviction but was accused when a gang related unit started rummaging the internet for gang activity. Although I dont agree what the things he said everyone is entitled to their first amendment rights. I have read a couple different articles about this incident and opposing articles say that although we have our first amendment rights violent threats are treated differently. My issue with this is that, music is a way of expression so him making music was an effort to express how he was feeling at the time not a murder plot he planned on carrying out. So how is that considered a threat. I have mixed feelings on this situation...tell me what you think??

Heres the Song:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

CLICK TO LET EVERYONE KNOW YOUR IN TUNE WITH DAUNDERDAWGS